We’re excited that you're interested in volunteering with St. Mary's Food Bank! We offer activities Monday – Saturday (during regular business hours)! Volunteers are the heartbeat of SMFB. We rely on the amazing support from our community to enable us to distribute 250,000 meals daily, six days a week.
Our Safety Guidelines:
- We are limiting the number of volunteers to 50 - 60 per shift
- We are making sure that all of our work areas are clean, and we are sanitizing multiple times throughout the day
- Volunteers not directly helping clients will not require a mask for those that have been vaccinated. No vaccination cards are required, we are going with the honor system. Volunteers directly helping clients placing food into trucks and taking personal information will still be required to wear a mask until further notice.
- We are encouraging no physical contact
- We are encouraging volunteers to wash hands for 20 seconds
- We have hand sanitizer and gloves available for all volunteers
We are asking that if any of the following apply to you that you please stay home:
- Recently traveled to an area with known local spread of COVID-19
- Have been in close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has a laboratory confirmed COVID – 19 diagnosis in the past 14 days
- If you have a fever (greater than 100.4 F or 38.0 C) OR symptoms of lower respiratory illness such as cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or sore throat
Our projects include: packing emergency food boxes, on-site food distribution, Kids Café and much more! Follow the NAVIGATION BAR above to find a volunteer shift and sign up today! We hope to see you soon!
Be sure to check our special event page for more volunteer opportunties!